<$BlogRSDUrl$>
I am the alpha and the omega
 
January 22, 2004
Billings's Law
Live within your income, even if you have to borrow to do so.

Saarang Day 2 (Day 1 for me actually)
The morning of Saarang found me waking up pretty early (by my standards), thanx to the hippie mosquitoes. After my morning ablutions, I started mugging - yeah thats rite. I started mugging. It so happens that I have an assignment to submit on Tuesday, and barring today, I wont find any other time to do it.
I did reach the CLT - the hub of activity for Saarang 2004. I grabbed the flyers of various sponsors and also the brain games sheet - time to get the grey and white cells in my brain working.
I wandered onto the WM solo event - which was noticably late (as are all the events at Saarang, including the inaugration).
Then, wandered on to the Lone Wolf Quiz event, in which I finally realised that a pack of wolves make a better team than a lone wolf. Following that, I was aimlessly wandering around the environs of Saarang. Seriously - I did nothing much; I watched the Infromals for some time, then wandered to the WM solo, followed by a lite lunch and on.
JAM sessions are always interesting and a lot of free usage of words there. So I ambled over there, and witnessed JAMming at one of its best for about 2 hours till 5 - Man, the JAM hall was jammed with lotsof people. Good to get a seat to sit there. I did catch up with some of my old classmates - actually two from my school days.
Tomorrow and always, you can always find me at Aimlessly_Wandering_Zombie@saarang.org
No events beyond that until the pro-show by Udit Narayanan at 7:30pm - while I am waiting for that, I am blogging.
Shobha forced me to write about the bloggers meet. I know its a bit too late on the block - but read on....
   4 pm on the day of the blogger meet found me in the common room cheering India for winning in what was becoming an extremely close match against Australia; the bloggers meet was but a small memory in my otherwise oversized brain. At 4:30, I realised that I the meeting was at 5 pm. So I went to my room, freshened up, put some drabby clothes, got on my trusty 10 year old steed - my two wheeled contraption otherwise called the cycle by others and sped away (not exactly). Pedalling furiously through the South eastern parts of Chennai - including Taramani, Thiruvanmaiyur, Indira Nagar and Beasant Nagar, I finally reached Planet Yumm at around 5:05pm. I did find what looked like a very small gumbal of three waiting outside, but I didnt know if that was the meet. So I strolled into the restaruant and found a lot of gumbals and I didnt know whom I was supposed to meet. Started wandering quite confused now.
Came out again, and a pretty big guy approached me from the first gumbal and asked, "Are you.. here.. by any chance for... a bloggers meet?. I raised my hand and introduced myself and he told me that he was Ravages. I walked up to that gumbal and then Pleomorphous Masculinum (he more looked like a Pleomorphous Minulinum) introduced himself - while he struggled to take the camera out of his helmet which this girl (who was looking as thoough she was ready to fly off to a Tropical island - wearing a big flat hat) Taruni (supposedly the official coverer for the blog meet) was holding. After his ameteurish attempts to take a photo was completed, we waited, staring at each others faces and on....
Sai and Ravi came up in an auto. Kingsly also turned up in what was supposedly a 21 year old Rajdoot (older than me, I would say).
I actually forgot the approach of other people, except that as time progressed (till 5:45 pm) more and more people were there, including Luna and Krithiga, some bloggers from Veltech, Meera, LAzy geek, Krishna, Unjun, Anand... I lost track clearly (Besides, I am not very good at remembering names). With mixed feelings and mixed perceptions going through my mind, I was talking with all of them. We decided that standing in a Round Table Conference was strictly not bloggers style, we decided to go indoors; after confirming with Suds that that was his agenda.
Soon, more joined us, and the group numbered to around 19.

I will continue in the next post - its getting late for the Udit NArayanan show...

Posted by satosphere at 7:42 AM

 

Whats hot
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from satosphere. Make your own badge here.
Interrupt Me
Mail Me
Status on Yahoo Messenger

Friends
WTF Dude
Vidya
Twin Gemini
Suzy Q
SS
Sirpy
Sidharth
Shobha
Saumya
Reiya
Ravages
Rash
Nish
Nirenjan
Netrikkan
Neha
Lazy Geek
Lakshmi
Krithika
Kiruba
K7
Jag
Divya
Blythe Spyryt
Devilish Angel
Anand
Alpha

SlashDot
Google Blog
Sepia Mutiny
Flickr Blog

Indian Bloggers
IITian Community blog


Google Ads


Google Search
Google

Stats



Great Links
Google Search
F.R.I.E.N.D.s
Garfield
Unreal Tournament
Winamp
Digital Blasphemy
Old Home Page

Archives
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006


Google Ads


Thanx to
Blogger

Credits
Image: Epiphany Stock
Design:
Blogfrocks
Ranking: TTLB Ecosystem
Images @ Photobucket
 
  Image Copyright © Epiphany Stock
Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Best viewed in Firefox at 1024 x 768 resolution.
This site is a member of The Indian Bloggers Ring.