<$BlogRSDUrl$>
I am the alpha and the omega
 
March 06, 2004
Borstelmann's Rule
If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane.

When it rains, it pours
That statement perhaps summarizes the joui de vivre that is the current state of mine. This week has been a very good week for me.
Firstly, I do believe that I have got an admission from the University of Washington, where I had applied for a MS in Electrical Engineering. But I am going to do what is called Inverse Bumping in the IIT lingo - i.e.refusing their offer of admission. The reason behind what you may think as a foolish decision (After all, who would want to give up an offer of admission, with aid) is that that univ is a slightly low ranked university, and it doesn't have a history of IITians going there; even though it is rolling in funds and does seem to have done some good work. I will still have to ponder over it. Also, you may already know of the RICE offer. The third reason being that, a proferssor from the University of California at Santa Barbara has contacted me, enquiring whether I would be interested in doing a Ph.D under him. The group he heads there is a pretty big group, and has done lots of interesting work. Probably thats where my mindset is, rite now. If I do confirm it, I mite end up going there with, hopefully, a Teaching Assistantship or a Research Assistantship.
Even though I would like have liked to continue in Biomedical Engineering, the hint of the offer from UCSB seems to be better. But if I get offers from Georgia Tech or John Hopkins University or University of Texas, Austin, I would have to forget this offer too. Lets not the hopes too high up, anyways.
Also, I would like to take the time to mention that even though I got rejected by IIM-Bangalore, IIM-Ahmedabad and IIM-Calcutta, I have got an acceptance from IIM-Lucknow. I know it is not too much, but something is better than nothing. But I may not go to the Group Discussion and Interview Stage at Bangalore.

Yesterday (Friday), I undertook the journey to the amusement park that goes by the famous name of MGM - Dizzie World, a place about 25 km from the city of Chennai. It was a part of a treat given by certain colleagues of mine, who ended up contributing about 2.5k towards it. The gumbal that went there totalled 13. I was the last one to join, but it was never an unlucky event.
Though late to reach there, due to communication problems (Imagine, in the age of cell phones, people having communication difficulties), we ended there only at around 12:30 pm.
We subjected our bodily possessions to many intense rides, one after another. By the end of a total of 6 rides, 6 of the guys conked out. There was no hope of rescuing them until the lunch we had. The entire evening was spent in the Water world, which was just a big pool, with slides to splash down in. I spent a couple of hours swimming there; that reminded me to get the swimming card at college. I just love swimming. Except for a couple of untoward incidents, the whole day was peaceful, and worth the day spent there.
Then we returned home, tired and exhausted.

For all those who did celeberate the day of colors, and for all those who sat at home brooding over it, my heartiest wishes to you all.
HAPPY HOLI


Posted by satosphere at 11:41 AM

 

Whats hot
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from satosphere. Make your own badge here.
Interrupt Me
Mail Me
Status on Yahoo Messenger

Friends
WTF Dude
Vidya
Twin Gemini
Suzy Q
SS
Sirpy
Sidharth
Shobha
Saumya
Reiya
Ravages
Rash
Nish
Nirenjan
Netrikkan
Neha
Lazy Geek
Lakshmi
Krithika
Kiruba
K7
Jag
Divya
Blythe Spyryt
Devilish Angel
Anand
Alpha

SlashDot
Google Blog
Sepia Mutiny
Flickr Blog

Indian Bloggers
IITian Community blog


Google Ads


Google Search
Google

Stats



Great Links
Google Search
F.R.I.E.N.D.s
Garfield
Unreal Tournament
Winamp
Digital Blasphemy
Old Home Page

Archives
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006


Google Ads


Thanx to
Blogger

Credits
Image: Epiphany Stock
Design:
Blogfrocks
Ranking: TTLB Ecosystem
Images @ Photobucket
 
  Image Copyright © Epiphany Stock
Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Best viewed in Firefox at 1024 x 768 resolution.
This site is a member of The Indian Bloggers Ring.