<$BlogRSDUrl$>
I am the alpha and the omega
 
March 21, 2004
Boyle's Laws
  1. The success of any venture will be helped by prayer, even in the wrong denomination.
  2. When things are going well, someone will inevitably experiment detrimentally.
  3. The deficiency will never show itself during the dry runs.
  4. Information travels more surely to those with a lesser need to know.
  5. An original idea can never emerge from committee in the original.
  6. When the product is destined to fail, the delivery system will perform perfectly.
  7. The crucial memorandum will be snared in the out-basket by the paper clip of the overlying correspondence and go to file.
  8. Success can be insured only by devising a defense against failure of the contingency plan.
  9. Performance is directly affected by the perversity of inanimate objects.
  10. If not controlled, work will flow to the competent man until he submerges.
  11. The lagging activity in a project will invariably be found in the area where the highest overtime rates lie waiting.
  12. Talent in staff work or sales will recurringly be interpreted as managerial ability.
  13. The "think positive" leader tends to listen to his subordinates' premonitions only during the postmortems.
  14. Clearly stated instructions will consistently produce multiple interpretations.
  15. On successive charts of the same organization the number of boxes will never decrease.

Just at the eave of my leaving my beloved city to go to Bangalore, for my GD and Interview session there. I do not have much practice or knowledge about what will go on there. All I have with me is my faithful confidence. That should pull me through. Wish me luck, though I dont think I will put much effort in it.
The thing I am more worried about is that it is after about 10 years that I am going to Bangalore. I hardly know any place there, no relatives either. All I am depending on is a colleague of my father, and a few friends of my cousin. After the interview session is over, I do plan to go around the city, as much as time permits, till my train there leaves at around 10:45pm.
On a separate note, I went to the Lord of the Rings - Return of the King. It was one of the best three and a half hours I spent in the afternoon. What astounded me was the amazing graphics. Some notable graphical elements and camera movements are the following :-
  • The first time, the camera sweeps around into Minas Tirith - its just breath-taking.
  • The sequence of the lighting of fires, in order to warn Rohan - the way you move from one fire to the next - its just amazing.
  • The visualisation of the Barad-dur tower and the tower of Cirith Ungol is too good, especially when the signal goes from the latter into the sky - Wow.
  • The march of the Orcs, and their stand before the walls of the city - their huge army being shown in a bird's eye view.
  • Their attack on the city - and the city's counter-attack, especially, when the camera follows the path of a projectile thrown by a trebuchet.
  • The ride of the Rohirrim, with their flanked march - is excellent.
  • Gollum, of course.
  • The battle on Pelennor Fields - the cinematography and choreaography is just amazing.
  • The portrayal of the Dead people's ghost's which overruns the orcs and proves decisive in the battle.

Thats all I can think of now, more later. There were some boring aspects, which I would not like to elaborate much - I dont see any point in doing that. Bye.
PS : My computer is up and running, faster (just slightly) than before. Though, on a sad note, I was unable to install Linux.

Posted by satosphere at 7:54 AM

 

Whats hot
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from satosphere. Make your own badge here.
Interrupt Me
Mail Me
Status on Yahoo Messenger

Friends
WTF Dude
Vidya
Twin Gemini
Suzy Q
SS
Sirpy
Sidharth
Shobha
Saumya
Reiya
Ravages
Rash
Nish
Nirenjan
Netrikkan
Neha
Lazy Geek
Lakshmi
Krithika
Kiruba
K7
Jag
Divya
Blythe Spyryt
Devilish Angel
Anand
Alpha

SlashDot
Google Blog
Sepia Mutiny
Flickr Blog

Indian Bloggers
IITian Community blog


Google Ads


Google Search
Google

Stats



Great Links
Google Search
F.R.I.E.N.D.s
Garfield
Unreal Tournament
Winamp
Digital Blasphemy
Old Home Page

Archives
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006


Google Ads


Thanx to
Blogger

Credits
Image: Epiphany Stock
Design:
Blogfrocks
Ranking: TTLB Ecosystem
Images @ Photobucket
 
  Image Copyright © Epiphany Stock
Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Best viewed in Firefox at 1024 x 768 resolution.
This site is a member of The Indian Bloggers Ring.