<$BlogRSDUrl$>
I am the alpha and the omega
 
March 23, 2004
Boyle's Other Law
The first pull on the cord ALWAYS sends the drapes in the wrong direction.

Bangalore, namma Vooru
For the Non-Tams, that means, Bangalore, my city (or something like that). Neways, this is my recount of my travels and travails there (including the me screwing up my Group Discussion and Interview there).
I started on Sunday nite (while the exciting India - Pak match was going on, and India just started to thrash Pak.) What lied ahead was a long sleepless nite (I am not particularly known for sleeping while sitting, especially in a bus. The only time I can sit and sleep is in the class, though I try as much as possible to avoid it.) All I got in the final bargain was 2 hours of broken sleep in the 7 hour journey. (Lucky are those people who can sleep anytime, anywhere.) Landed in Bangalore at around 5 am, and went to the National games village, where my dad's colleague was there. I went and slept immediately - for an additional two hours. Left the place around 9:30 am, after making a couple of phone calls (to tell my mother that I reached safe - these are certain formalities.), went to the campus of IIM-Bangalore by auto.
My first impressions of the city - Nice city, lot more trees than Madras, but as hot as Madras (weather wise) and much hotter than Madras (non-weather wise ;-) ). Lots of spanky new buildings, an agglomerate of gleaming glass and grey/white concrete, sometimes coming together in fluent shapes, sometimes in oblique angles. Buses - they seem to be a good way to travel, but for an outsider, it will seem very difficult, with Bus numbers in Kannada and sometimes English, and place names, purely in Kannada. Autos are a good bet, atleast they dont fleece you like in Madras. (Personally, I hate autos). Traffic is very bad, its always overflowing and seems unregulated. At present, they seem to be constructing a lot of flyovers, and the many vehicles being diverted compounds the problem there.
My session at IIM-B lasted for about two hours. First there was the Group Discussion. The group we had were all freshers, 7 of them, with 5 IITians (2 being my class mates). I did decently, considering the fact that it was my first (and hopefully last) GD. It was the interview I screwed up bad - they asked some economics questions, and I didnt do them that well, fumbling the answers, and they kindof deduced that I was not much interested in Management. So that ends my inroads into Management.
Went with 3 of my friends to Brigade road - nice line of shops (and people too - remember me saying that it was hotter than Madras.) Went over to Barrista's at MG road, had a cuppa cold coffee, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery around. Walked around the place a little more and had amazing ice-cream at a sweet little Corner ice cream shop.
Then we split up and I went to a friend's (friend of my cousin) place, at Indira Nagar (and for the first time after 6 months, watched HBO and Fear factor - remember CAS). The train - to Chennai was at 11 pm, for which I landed up at the station at 10pm - call it paranoia or something. After getting into the train, I slept and the next thing I remember is somebody waking me up at 5 am, telling it was the Central, just as it was pulling into the station. The rest, as they say is Geography (or is it History - watever, it doesnt matter).
Sudhon will be going there for his IIM-B interveiw next week, and I am sure he will have a more juicy experience to recount.

Posted by satosphere at 9:49 AM

 

Whats hot
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from satosphere. Make your own badge here.
Interrupt Me
Mail Me
Status on Yahoo Messenger

Friends
WTF Dude
Vidya
Twin Gemini
Suzy Q
SS
Sirpy
Sidharth
Shobha
Saumya
Reiya
Ravages
Rash
Nish
Nirenjan
Netrikkan
Neha
Lazy Geek
Lakshmi
Krithika
Kiruba
K7
Jag
Divya
Blythe Spyryt
Devilish Angel
Anand
Alpha

SlashDot
Google Blog
Sepia Mutiny
Flickr Blog

Indian Bloggers
IITian Community blog


Google Ads


Google Search
Google

Stats



Great Links
Google Search
F.R.I.E.N.D.s
Garfield
Unreal Tournament
Winamp
Digital Blasphemy
Old Home Page

Archives
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006


Google Ads


Thanx to
Blogger

Credits
Image: Epiphany Stock
Design:
Blogfrocks
Ranking: TTLB Ecosystem
Images @ Photobucket
 
  Image Copyright © Epiphany Stock
Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Best viewed in Firefox at 1024 x 768 resolution.
This site is a member of The Indian Bloggers Ring.