<$BlogRSDUrl$>
I am the alpha and the omega
 
March 27, 2004
Branch's First Law of Crisis
The spirit of public service will rise, and the bureaucracy will multiply itself much faster, in time of grave national concern.

I have unforgettably not been able to be on the blog scene for a long while; not that I have been busy with regards the stale but workable academic work, rather, the fact is what others would call it a writer's bloc, and I would put it in a more amusing neological expression as blogger's bloc. But now, I do seem to have a lot to think about, consequently a lot to write about.
Firstly, I seem to be getting somewhere, with respect to my getting aid for my studies at UT - Austin; a professor there has sent me a mail, saying that he is interested in me, and would like to talk to me over the phone. (Unable to express visually an internal expression of elation in the net-world here).
Secondly, me donating a precious red liquid, what some would call blood, what I would call a life-saver, tomorrow. If i do that, it will be my third time after joining this university (third time overall anyway). Donating blood is a nice experience anyway, gives a pretty warm feeling in the heart, and is just as painful as taking a sample for blood testing. Once the needle penetrates your outer epidermis, you wouldnt feel as much as even a mosquito bite. All I keep thinking about during that 20 minute process (yes, it is necessary to keep your mind occupied to prevent you from seeing the bag of blood being squished frequently at regular intervals, and yes, it takes only that long, sometimes lesser) is to imagine myself in the world of my favorite game.
Thirdly, my project advisor has asked me to start writing the dreaded project report - though it also signifies that my project is near completion - or that my advisor is satisfied with my work. But I have to see if the viva comittee also has similar ideas.
Fourthly, even though exactly outperform in the GD and interview, I just saw the scores on my CAT exam - and they were beyond my wildest expectations. My percentile is 98.25% and I scored about 45.89% (which translates to about 68 correct answers). My performance in the individual sections are also pretty good. 58.93% in verbal, 48.22% in DI and 30.3% in quantitative ability. I never did expect that much in my CAT 2003. It just goes to show that CAT is not that difficult - only the following parts (GD and interview) are. So anybody serious about IIM should prepare seriously about it.

PS : If you have, by any chance wondered why the tone of my writing looks a tad more sophisticated, it is purely the inconsequential result of the reading through (with a roving interest, I may add) of an Alister McLean novel aptly titled The way to dusty death. If you ever manage to get the hands on one of his books, dont ever put it down. And you will understand what command over the English language ever means. And the plots are good too, but what he does manage to achieve with his wonderfully constructed sentences would spellbind you.

Posted by satosphere at 11:41 AM

 

Whats hot
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from satosphere. Make your own badge here.
Interrupt Me
Mail Me
Status on Yahoo Messenger

Friends
WTF Dude
Vidya
Twin Gemini
Suzy Q
SS
Sirpy
Sidharth
Shobha
Saumya
Reiya
Ravages
Rash
Nish
Nirenjan
Netrikkan
Neha
Lazy Geek
Lakshmi
Krithika
Kiruba
K7
Jag
Divya
Blythe Spyryt
Devilish Angel
Anand
Alpha

SlashDot
Google Blog
Sepia Mutiny
Flickr Blog

Indian Bloggers
IITian Community blog


Google Ads


Google Search
Google

Stats



Great Links
Google Search
F.R.I.E.N.D.s
Garfield
Unreal Tournament
Winamp
Digital Blasphemy
Old Home Page

Archives
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006


Google Ads


Thanx to
Blogger

Credits
Image: Epiphany Stock
Design:
Blogfrocks
Ranking: TTLB Ecosystem
Images @ Photobucket
 
  Image Copyright © Epiphany Stock
Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Best viewed in Firefox at 1024 x 768 resolution.
This site is a member of The Indian Bloggers Ring.