<$BlogRSDUrl$>
I am the alpha and the omega
 
June 10, 2004
Campbell's Law
Nature abhors a vacuous experimenter.


Those darling imbeciles at my college have done it again. They have pulled off the wurssscccchhhht gig ever.
It goes something like this.

Remember my rant about my college, about them not giving my Course Completion Certificates. (That was on March 22nd, I think). Well, since my interview is nearing again, I decided it was time to get that same piece of important, but worthless paper again. It WAS with the hope that by this time atleast, they would have finished it now atleast.


Scene 1:
Two days ago (the 8th). I went to my college. To the Academic Section.

Act 1:
In the Academic Section, trying desperately to converse with the lady responsibe for settling all the B.Tech grades.
Me: Can I get my Course Completion Certificate.
She: Sorry, but I dont have all your grades. Your project grades have not yet arrived. Go to the department and talk to them.
Me: Ummm. Ok. Can I get my certificate immediately after that.
She: Sure. It will be given IMMEDIATELY.
I leave to the Department, the mighty department which I have not visited for quite a while.


Act 2
At the department, sitting in front of Professor S., who is responsible for all the B. Tech projects and for sending the grades to the academic section.
Me: Sir, has the project grades come out. (I actually dont know that)
S: Yes. They have come out
Me: Have you sent the grades to the academic section?
S: Yes, I have sent them. Why, are they saying they havent recieved them? But here is the exact sheet that I sent them 5 days back. (Shows me the dusty file, which contains the choiciest tattered pages [were they attacked by the bookworm?]. And yes, that sheet is there. I would rather not reveal the grade).
Me: Ok Sir. I will go to the Academic Section and tell them that.
I walk to the Academic section now. My hopes arent too brite. I am pretty sure something has gotten screwed up.

Act 3
I am at the academic section, standing in front of the same lady.
Me: Ma'am, the project convener has said that he has sent the grades 5 days back.
She: But then, I have not recieved it. Here is a list of grade sheets for all courses recieved from the department. (She hands me a file in a similar tattered condition as above, and a lot of computer sheets. And flips thru it.
Voila, it is not there).
Me: (Convinced that it is not there). Ok Ma'am, I will mail the prof again. (Completely disappointed. And the prof has left, and so I cant contact him personally).


End of Scene 1
Is there some mysterious black hole betweent the department and the academic section that gobbles up everything thrown between them, or is there some snail that carries the documents between them. (It STILL shudnt take that long).
Its like two blind people trying to throw cowdung at each other, and then asking politely whether they hit each other.
WITH ME BEING THE COW DUNG.

Scene 2:
Act 1:
I am back at my college, today (the 10th). At the mentally retarded academic section. In front of that very same lady.
Me: Have the grades come out yet?
She: Yes, here they are. (Shows em on the computer. Pathetic)
Me: (Heaving a sigh of relief). Finally. When can I get my Course Completion Certificate?
She: You can come collect it tomorrow (the 11th). (Aiyyoooo)
Me: And my marksheet?
She: After 2 more weeks. (Aaarrrrrgggghhhh).

End of Scene 2
Finally, my course completion certificate, supposed to come on the 24th of May, coming on the 11th of June, 18 days late.
Speaks volumes of the "IIT Efficiency".

Posted by satosphere at 11:36 AM

 

Whats hot
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from satosphere. Make your own badge here.
Interrupt Me
Mail Me
Status on Yahoo Messenger

Friends
WTF Dude
Vidya
Twin Gemini
Suzy Q
SS
Sirpy
Sidharth
Shobha
Saumya
Reiya
Ravages
Rash
Nish
Nirenjan
Netrikkan
Neha
Lazy Geek
Lakshmi
Krithika
Kiruba
K7
Jag
Divya
Blythe Spyryt
Devilish Angel
Anand
Alpha

SlashDot
Google Blog
Sepia Mutiny
Flickr Blog

Indian Bloggers
IITian Community blog


Google Ads


Google Search
Google

Stats



Great Links
Google Search
F.R.I.E.N.D.s
Garfield
Unreal Tournament
Winamp
Digital Blasphemy
Old Home Page

Archives
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006


Google Ads


Thanx to
Blogger

Credits
Image: Epiphany Stock
Design:
Blogfrocks
Ranking: TTLB Ecosystem
Images @ Photobucket
 
  Image Copyright © Epiphany Stock
Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Best viewed in Firefox at 1024 x 768 resolution.
This site is a member of The Indian Bloggers Ring.