<$BlogRSDUrl$>
I am the alpha and the omega
 
December 20, 2004
Deadline-Dan's Demo Demonstration
The higher the ``higher-ups'' are who've come to see your demo, the lower your chances are of giving a successful one.

One of those posts where I am not going to post any pics - reason being that I could not upload them anywhere. :D

But there are three important things to tell you, I think three.

Let me see how it goes.

First - I have been experimenting with a lot of cooking these days. Whenever I find time, and I do not want to sleep. Apart from the Paneer butter masala and Chole masala mentioned before, I also managed Mushroom Pulao, as well as a different way of making Pasta (to be culinarily correct - Penne Rigate) without the Pasta sauce. With a dash of pepper, salsa sauce, green chillies, soy sauce, and a generous dose of ghee (there goes the one hour effort I put at the gym), it tasted amazingly well. Previous preparations used to be with Pasta sauce that made it taste a bit tomatoish (if you eat a lot of tomatoes, then you probably will NOT know it!!!)

I realized that cooking correctly is all about proportions, know what to add when and how much of it. And that, unfortunately, comes about by practise only.
I remember, when my mom used to teach me cooking, I always asked how to know how much to put - she always replied, I just know it. Well, now I know too. For example, most of the cookbooks and recipes that you may find straggling on the net, always mention that
Add salt to taste.

Ever wondered what that meant? Not me, the first time, only by practise, and some minor cooking disasters did I arrive at the correct "formulae" for the amount of salt - And that varies from person to person.
And it comes about by practise only - nothing hereditary, or nothing that is passed by word of mouth.

I guess living on your own has its advantages - You discover the chef in you.

Second point - X'mas Decorations.
People here seem to put a lot of effort into Christmas decorations. For them, Christmas is like what Diwali is to us, perhaps much more.
I was recently on a stroll of a street quite close to my apartment, in the nite, I was amazed to see so many decorations and lighting being put up. So much so that there was a huge que of cars, and an even larger rush of people that would put Shopping malls to shame. One particular que to view a beautifully decorated house stretched beyond the block, I wanted to see it, but time did not permit it.
I did get a few shots, but I am sure they would not do justice to that place. That place and many more.

I am going on a short 15 day trip to my uncle's place in Maryland, actually a suburb of DC. Leaving tomorrow at noon, and will be back in Austin on the 6th. Hoping to see DC fully and also make a trip to the Big Apple. I think I will also be able to go to Detroit for a couple of days, weather permitting.
Some of the things that I hope to do:
- Learn driving enough to get a license here.
- Get a good tripod to take better shots.
- Have my first hand at skiing.
- See snow for the first time.
- Enjoy Christmas and New Year.

Good bye. And happy holidays to all you.

WISHING YOU ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Posted by satosphere at 10:14 PM

 

Whats hot
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from satosphere. Make your own badge here.
Interrupt Me
Mail Me
Status on Yahoo Messenger

Friends
WTF Dude
Vidya
Twin Gemini
Suzy Q
SS
Sirpy
Sidharth
Shobha
Saumya
Reiya
Ravages
Rash
Nish
Nirenjan
Netrikkan
Neha
Lazy Geek
Lakshmi
Krithika
Kiruba
K7
Jag
Divya
Blythe Spyryt
Devilish Angel
Anand
Alpha

SlashDot
Google Blog
Sepia Mutiny
Flickr Blog

Indian Bloggers
IITian Community blog


Google Ads


Google Search
Google

Stats



Great Links
Google Search
F.R.I.E.N.D.s
Garfield
Unreal Tournament
Winamp
Digital Blasphemy
Old Home Page

Archives
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006


Google Ads


Thanx to
Blogger

Credits
Image: Epiphany Stock
Design:
Blogfrocks
Ranking: TTLB Ecosystem
Images @ Photobucket
 
  Image Copyright © Epiphany Stock
Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Best viewed in Firefox at 1024 x 768 resolution.
This site is a member of The Indian Bloggers Ring.