<$BlogRSDUrl$>
I am the alpha and the omega
 
March 13, 2005
Ducharme's Precept
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.
How very true, isn't it.


Some really funny think to spark up our dull lives - cleaning the Bath Room.


I started my spring break by doing probably one of the more despicable things that I could - cleaning the bathroom. It was my turn to do it, and it was something that I had put away for quite a long time, much to the hardship of me and my room-mates.
The cleaning of the bathroom is more challenging because of the fact that there are no drains here, and you simply cannot wash everything away with water.

And before I try to scare everybody / humiliate myself, I will come to the real point I was trying to make.
The challenges of living alone / independently.

When you are in school, one time or the other, everything is going to be taken care for you; you do not need to worry about every inconsequential details.
You get up. Perform morning ablutions. Your breakfast is ready. You take your already prepared lunch. School. Come back. Tiffin / Dinner is ready. And so on. (This does not apply to boarding school, however).
You did not need to worry so much as about a penny dropping on the floor. You did not worry about living life, in the normal sense.

What did create a small change for me, was when I entered college, and the hostel. Now, some of the things you did required YOU to make the decisions. Some quite important ones, at that; the money matters, for example. But still, the majority of work was still not done by you. But the four years staying in a hostel, albeit intermittently buffered me for what was to come, and probably what I was expecting: Graduate education in another country.

Living in another country, required you to make some quite major decisions, major life changing (!!!) at that. Suddenly you are and have to be in control of everything. (At this point, I am reminded of this quote "With great power, comes great responsibility.") And you also have to learn to manage everything, keep everything under control. Not an easy task to do in grad school, where every professor in every department is determined to keep you working until late at nite.
These, according to me, are the biggest challenges:
To keep control of life when you do not have time.
To keep control of life, when nothing seems to be going your way.
To keep control of life when you really need someone else to do it.

And there are many people who have succeeded, many who have achieved the right balance of managing life, while not being too obsessive about it.
And successfully doing it, I think, will set in the correct path. That will set you a good roadmap for the future.
And that will tell you about living life.

And now, as I tread, with some difficulty, through the same path, I always look back and wonder, can life ever be simpler. Can life ever be the idyllic world that we spend day dreaming of. Now that I have come so far, can life ever be the inconsequential place that we have left far behind.

Can I ever go back?

Posted by satosphere at 12:09 PM

 

Whats hot
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from satosphere. Make your own badge here.
Interrupt Me
Mail Me
Status on Yahoo Messenger

Friends
WTF Dude
Vidya
Twin Gemini
Suzy Q
SS
Sirpy
Sidharth
Shobha
Saumya
Reiya
Ravages
Rash
Nish
Nirenjan
Netrikkan
Neha
Lazy Geek
Lakshmi
Krithika
Kiruba
K7
Jag
Divya
Blythe Spyryt
Devilish Angel
Anand
Alpha

SlashDot
Google Blog
Sepia Mutiny
Flickr Blog

Indian Bloggers
IITian Community blog


Google Ads


Google Search
Google

Stats



Great Links
Google Search
F.R.I.E.N.D.s
Garfield
Unreal Tournament
Winamp
Digital Blasphemy
Old Home Page

Archives
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006


Google Ads


Thanx to
Blogger

Credits
Image: Epiphany Stock
Design:
Blogfrocks
Ranking: TTLB Ecosystem
Images @ Photobucket
 
  Image Copyright © Epiphany Stock
Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Best viewed in Firefox at 1024 x 768 resolution.
This site is a member of The Indian Bloggers Ring.