<$BlogRSDUrl$>
I am the alpha and the omega
 
June 02, 2005
Extended Epstein-Heisenberg Principle
In an R & D orbit, only 2 of the existing 3 parameters can be defined simultaneously. The parameters are: task, time, and resources ($).

1. If one knows what the task is, and there is a time limit allowed for the completion of the task, then one cannot guess how much it will cost.

2. If the time and resources ($) are clearly defined, then it is impossible to know what part of the R & D task will be performed.

3. If you are given a clearly defined R & D goal and a definte amount of money which has been calculated to be necessary for the completion of the task, one cannot predict if and when the goal will be reached.

4. If one is lucky enough to be able to accurately define all three parameters, then what one is dealing with is not in the realm of R & D.

Movie Chain



Following Blythe's suggestion of chain blogs for movies, here is my contribution.
  • Films I own: NONE.
    While that may seem as a surprise to you, it is not to me; the reasoning is quite simple - I end up renting most of the movies, and so I don't own any movie, nor do I have any illegally stored one (I do not have a computer yet). True, while in India, I had quite a few movies on DVD's, but I dumped all of them before coming here - you do not want to be caught at the US Customs with a pirated DVD. All I managed to squeeze through was the entire collection of F.R.I.E.N.D.S which I still preserve carefully.

  • Last Film I rented: Lord of the Rings - Extended edition of 5 DVD's. Last film I bought / illegally borrowed - NONE.

  • Five Films that mean a lot to me


    1. LOTR: I love the entire trilogy. Nothing can beat it. As plain and simple as that. Inspite of the fact that it doesnt follow the original story perfectly. (I know that because I have seen the movies twice and have fastidiously read the book twice). The sheer brilliance of Peter Jackson in porting such a mighty novel as this into an amazing adventurous movie is extremely commendable.

    2. Independence Day: Admit it - it is one of the few movies that really hit off quite well. And for 1996 movie, its graphics and cinematography is quite good. And who can't love the wisecracks of Will Smith and his sidekick-like Jeff GoldBlum. I still wouldn't mind watching it again

    3. Finding Neverland: One of the very few dramas that actually inspired me a lot, and took me to the edge of tears. Johnny Depp's acting is quite amazing, proving that he is quite versatile. And the story is quite good.

    4. Shrek: Among animated films, this is a rare gem. It combines action, comedy and voice-overs in a quite unique way to make every viewer laugh. It was a tough call between Shrek, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles; nevertheless, Shrek deserves it.

    5. Pirates of the Caribbean: This one probably has the best of all - Comedy, Action, Adventure, Beautiful islands with golden sands and sparkling waters and beautiful gals (make it Gal) - what more could you want. It even has lot of ghosts, for crying out loud. I still love it, and am eagerly awaiting its sequel, due next year.


  • Other Hot favorites:


    • Comedy: Finding Nemo, Shrek 2, Bedazzled, Mummy, Mummy2 (Ok, they are action too), Bruce Almightly, Me Myself & Irene, Hitch, The Mask, The Runaway Bride.

    • Action / Adventure : Terminator 2, Terminator 3, Matrix, Matrix Reloaded, Revenge of the Sith, X-Men, Black Hawk down - No Man Left Behind, Die Hard (II).

    More are there in the back of my memory, but they would take some time to drill 'em out of there.

  • List of other people whom I want to write one:: Sidharth, Saumya, Twin Gemini, Neha and Sirpy.


Wondering why there are no Indian movies in there? Yeah - I do not watch many of them, and I was only impressed by quite a few - Thiruda Thiruda (Tamil), Ayutha Ezhuthu, to mention a few. No Hindi films, of course.
And wondering why there are action films which have a lot of actions - well I am inspired a lot by these kind of movies - for the same reason that I like FPS games.

My next post, probably on eating the Worlds Spiciest Ham Veggie Burger

Posted by satosphere at 7:09 PM

 

Whats hot
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from satosphere. Make your own badge here.
Interrupt Me
Mail Me
Status on Yahoo Messenger

Friends
WTF Dude
Vidya
Twin Gemini
Suzy Q
SS
Sirpy
Sidharth
Shobha
Saumya
Reiya
Ravages
Rash
Nish
Nirenjan
Netrikkan
Neha
Lazy Geek
Lakshmi
Krithika
Kiruba
K7
Jag
Divya
Blythe Spyryt
Devilish Angel
Anand
Alpha

SlashDot
Google Blog
Sepia Mutiny
Flickr Blog

Indian Bloggers
IITian Community blog


Google Ads


Google Search
Google

Stats



Great Links
Google Search
F.R.I.E.N.D.s
Garfield
Unreal Tournament
Winamp
Digital Blasphemy
Old Home Page

Archives
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
January 2006


Google Ads


Thanx to
Blogger

Credits
Image: Epiphany Stock
Design:
Blogfrocks
Ranking: TTLB Ecosystem
Images @ Photobucket
 
  Image Copyright © Epiphany Stock
Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Best viewed in Firefox at 1024 x 768 resolution.
This site is a member of The Indian Bloggers Ring.